Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hello! Sam and Katie Bear here, and this is our  Experience!
We are the proud parents of Derek 9, Robin 8 and Lewis is almost 2.
After 2 surprise pregnancies and 8 miscarriages we were told we couldn't get pregnant on our own. After help and one more miscarriage we were done. After which Sam started a new job. When he called to say he passed his insurance test I had news for him. Somehow in there we got pregnant again.
His job failed, our savings dissappeared and we found ourselves in debt. Sam found a job a month after Lewis was born. Due to distance he moved in with family and we were able to eventually join him as well (I have a pretty freaken awesome sister and brother-in-law). At this time my mom who was 4 years into her fight with cancer started failing. I tried splitting my time between my family, my parents and 6 siblings still at home. When mom needed constant care, the kids and I moved in with her. We lost her end of September, l remained there till Sam and I found a place of our own in the middle of November.
Unfortunately somewhere along the way throughout all of this chaos we lost what mattered the most. We lost each other. We agreed to stay together for the kids. Then came the news, I was pregnant again. Along with the shock also came hope for a new beginning. Before Christmas something went wrong and we lost the twins. Christmas went by without much spirit or joy. We were both very burdened and stressed about everything that we had been through, but we made the decision to move on. Sam started a new job, putting in as many hours possible. I resumed school and we both focused on family.
On our 10 year anniversary we decided that we both had enough! We knew that we deserved better. Most importantly, our babies were not going to grow up thinking that this was all there is to life. We were going to find our happiness again. We would fight, fix and repeat. We were improving, but could not get past the exhaustion of everyday life.
We started seeing Amanda Leepers post about Thrive. We honestly were not looking for anything big just a vitamin that contained what it claimed. With our weight, lack of energy and discomforts we had to try it. For us it wasn't as simple as cutting out pop or eating out less. We needed to change our entire lifestyle so we could Thrive and not just survive.
After starting Thrive I noticed an increase in energy the first day. We are a night-shift family but I could not stay awake past putting the kids down. On my second night of Thriving I was still awake when Sam got home!! We finally had some down time together which was very much needed! With our hectic schedule, sleep is sometimes hard to get, so it was nice to finally have some restful sound sleep!
The increase in mental clarity is so nice when I'm teaching not to mention my increased patience! I could go on for days about that! My kids immediately noticed a difference and call my DFT a "happy sticker." I have also lost weight! I have always been challenged with my weight but have never been able to lose at a slow and healthy pace. I love doing my workouts now! My overall health and wellness last winter does not even compare to this winter.
After 11 weeks of Thriving I've noticed that my headaches have reduced considerably. What has really left an imprint though is the fact that I am GENUINELY happy! What I feel on the inside deep down is happy! It's not just a fake cover up anymore. It feels SO incredibly good!!! The joy I have in the little things with my kids is such a blessing. The person I see in the mirror is becoming the person people claim to see.
Hello, this is Sam and this is my Thrive experience:
After watching Katie for a week I decided to started Thriving. I struggled with an unhealthy weight and discomforts were becoming a big issue. I work 13 days on and 1 day off and lift an average of 30,000 pounds a day. I noticed my mood was better the first day. After Thriving for 5 days my discomforts had improved significantly! My body fat went down and I just felt all around healthier. I also don't worry about driving home from work anymore because I'm not completely wiped out like before. My 13th day of work now feels like my first when I'm Thriving. I also wake with my alarm now!
My kids asked "why don't you work overtime anymore? "You aren't tired and don't drink coffee anymore." It was a sobering yet happy moment. Sobering because I realized that I had not been everything that my kids needed. Happy because I was and still am becoming what they need!!!
Best of all my wife and I have finally found each other again. We have our spark back that we could both count on no matter what the day had dealt us. We have the energy and patience to work through any problems and can get back to being each other's everything.
mikebrookss.le-vel.com/shop

 

No comments:

Post a Comment