Friday, December 5, 2014

My name is Desiree Childs .
I am 28 years old and I am wife and mother! Over the last year and a half, I have gone through a lot of changes. Making so many major life changes at once caused me mental and emotional stress! In mid 2013, I left my “career” to stay home with my kids and home school them. My entire identity has always been tied to my job/career, and therefore the last year or so has been a journey of figuring out who I was, and what... my purpose in life is.
Because I was so stressed, my previous home based business suffered. I felt like I was unable to help people because of my situation. Not only that, I was just not happy. I felt like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders because there were people looking up to me and I had nothing to offer.
The stress of everything took a toll on me physically and emotionally. It effected my relationships with my friends, family, children, and business partners. I began to gain back all of the weight that I lost. I had no energy to do anything at all. I felt emotionally and physically drained. I was not sure where to turn. I was just existing, and doing the bare minimum to survive. Even though I felt lost and numb, I do have faith in God, and I knew that I just needed to hang on and trust so I remained still, and waited.
About a month ago, I was scrolling through my newsfeed on Facebook. I saw a post that a friend had shared and I clicked on it. It was about Thrive. I clicked on the link to the website, and long story short- I joined and started Thriving! Since then, I feel hopeful again. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I finally feel like I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like I have a new lease on life. I have realized that certain things don’t work out because it is not in God’s plan for your life. I think a lot of my stress was related to me feeling like MY PLAN for my life didn’t work out, therefore I was a failure.
Little did I know, God had better plans! I am back on track and I feel alive again. I am not just surviving, I am THRIVING. I have more energy, I am making better food choices, I am losing weight again, I am happier, I feel healthier, I have relief from general aches and discomforts, and I feel like I am able to be the wife and mother God intended me to be.
I have made the choice to put my health first because if I don’t take care of myself, I can’t take care of anyone else! My purpose is to give hope to others and lead them to better health!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment